If you are starting a new restaurant or are considering moving locations, you will need to find the right commercial space to lease or purchase. This is one of the most critical decisions that new restaurant owners can make, as the space will impact your overhead expenses, revenue limitations or opportunities, customer base, and more.
First, you should determine whether you want to lease or buy commercial real estate. If you are just starting out, you might want to lease at first, though you always want the right lawyer to review and negotiate your commercial lease. If you are a more established restaurant owner or there are other factors involved, purchasing might be a good move, though you want an attorney to oversee every step of that transaction.
There are many things to consider when finding the right space for a restaurant, including:
- Location, neighborhood, and accessibility for potential customers
- Cost of rent, utilities, and other expenses
- Whether the space passes inspection
- Whether the space needs renovations and how much they might cost
- Square footage based on the number of tables you want
- Space for kitchen equipment and whether equipment is included in the deal
- Zoning and permits
- Proximity to similar competitor restaurants
While this is a major decision, restaurant owners have complete control over this choice of space. Having the guidance of an experienced Savannah restaurant and hospitality business attorney can help you confidently make the right decision for your business.
Consult with a Business Lawyer in Savannah Today
The Kuhn Firm, P.C., regularly assists restaurant owners with a wide range of legal matters, including real estate, formation, compliance, and much more. If you are a bar or restaurant owner – or are looking to start a new operation – please call 912.574.4373 or contact us online today.